The Supermoon --- I'm sure you at least caught a glimpse of it on Saturday night. As I saw it, it didn't seem much larger on Saturday evening as it did on Friday evening. I wish I had my camera on Friday when we were driving to the fish taco restaurant and my husband pointed out the huge moon in the clear sky that appeared to be resting on the trees. They say the last supermoon this large was 1993. I can't find anything that predicts when the next one will be, but I'm guessing it won't be for a long time. So I just wanted to photograph it because the date of the supermoon was also BabyCam's 22-month birthday. Yes, the big TWO is just around the corner.
My amateur photography skills make it look like any other moon, and the logistics behind getting a decent shot with
both the moon and my toddler are...complicated. So I popped out the screen of an upstairs window and rested the camera on the sill to snap this. I'm bummed that it was shielded in a ghostly haze by the clouds that were slowly rolling in to bring us the last rain of winter and the first storm of spring:
While my shot is certainly not
National Geographic worthy, at least I have photos to remind me that on BabyCam's 22-month birthday when he looked like this:
A rare supermoon looked like this:
No comments:
Post a Comment